NDT personnel, engineers, surveyors, inspectors and quality engineers.
Welding processes and weld defects; properties of X- and gamma-rays; sensitometry; film selection; film processing and spurious indications; factors controlling contrast and definition; X- and gamma-ray equipment; ionising radiation hazards; regulations; use of screens and filters; selection of angle of aspect; image quality indicators; defect depth location; castings; reporting.
The course ends with a written and practical test.
- to explain the basic theory of X - and gamma radiography.
- to select film type and energy levels, select and prepare techniques for a given specimen.
- to state the theory of film processing.
- to have a working knowledge of basic radiation safety.
- to plot and evaluate film characteristics.
- to recognize film faults.
- to meet the syllabus requirements for SNT-TC-1A.
CIC Instructor is:
- ASME AUTHORIZED INSPECTOR.
- API AUTHORIZED INSPECTOR.
- ASNT-NDT-LEVEL III (RT, UT, VT, PT, MT)
- CERTIFIED WELDING ENGINEER
the delegate who attend the course and pass the examinationa shll be awarded a Level II certificate in Radiographic Testing.