All NDT personnel, inspectors and technicians engaged in, or responsible for, inspection of castings, forgings or fabricated items during manufacture or in-service.
Principles of magnetism; magnetic fields; induction; permeability and reluctance; magnetisation; lines of force, methods of testing; interpretation of indications; demagnetisation; practical exercises; methods of assessing sensitivity; instruction writing.
During the Level 2 instruction writing and application, attendees requiring only Level 1 training will carry out practical applications to written instructions.
The course ends with a written and practical test.
- to explain the basic principles of magnetic particle inspection methods
- to carry out magnetic particle inspection
- to write clear and concise inspection instructions and test reports
CIC Instructor is:
- ASME AUTHORIZED INSPECTOR.
- API AUTHORIZED INSPECTOR.
- ASNT-NDT-LEVEL III (RT, UT, VT, PT, MT)
- CERTIFIED WELDING ENGINEER
the delegate who attend the course and pass the examinationa shll be awarded a Level II certificate in Magnetic Particle Testing.