Technical standard covered
- API 570, Piping Inspection Code: Inspection, Repair,Alteration, and Re-rating of In-Service Piping Systems
- API RP 571, Damage mechanisms Affecting fixed equipment in the refining industry,
- API RP 574, Inspection Practices for Piping System Components.
- API RP 577 Welding and Metallurgy
- API RP 578, Material Verification Program for New and Existing Alloy Piping Systems
- ASME V, Non-destructive Examination,
- ASME IX, Welding Qualifications
- ASME B16.5, Pipe Flanges and Flanged Fittings
- ASME B31.3, Process Piping
API 570 Syllabus subjects
Code calculations and inspection intervals for new and degraded pipework including consideration for:
- Corrosion rates and allowances.
- Remaining service life and inspection intervals.
- Weld quality factors (based on ASME B31.3).
- Thermal expansions Thickness calculations of pipes, blanks Hydraulic, pneumatic and leak testing.
- Impact test requirements and exemptions.
- Minimum wall thickness and working pressure/temperature requirements for pipework flanges (ASME B16.5 basis).
- Weld heat treatment requirements.
- Weld WPS/PQR evaluation (ASME IX basis): SMAW/GTAW/SAW.
- General rules for welding (ASME B31.3 and API 570 basis).
- NDT requirements of ASME V: Visual/RT/DP/MPI.
- PMI requirements and procedures.
Who Should Attend
Applicable to all personnel working in the oil, gas and petrochemical industry, and who are involved in the design, procurement, engineering construction, operation, maintenance and inspection of storage tanks and related facilities.
CIC Instructor is:
- ASME AUTHORIZED INSPECTOR.
- API AUTHORIZED INSPECTOR.
- ASNT-NDT-LEVEL III (RT, UT, VT, PT, MT)
- CERTIFIED WELDING ENGINEER
The delegate who attend the course and pass the examinationa shall be certified API Authorized Piping Inspector for the API.