CERTIFIED WELDING INSPECTION CWI
The course will serve as a sound refresher in welding inspection, particularly for practicing welding inspectors and anyone aspiring to be an AWS-certified welding inspector. The main emphasis is on what a professional welding inspector should know in actual practice.
Course participants will undergo a rigorous program to get them well versed with the codes/standards in use, the fundamentals of welding inspectors, and actual hands-on examinations of weld replicas with various inspection tools.
1.PART A: Fundamentals
- The Welding Inspector.
- Documents governing welding inspection and control of materials.
- Weld joint geometry and welding terminology.
- Welding and non-destructive testing symbols.
- Code Review.
- Welding procedure and welder qualification.
- Welding, Brazing and cutting process.
- Welding metallurgy for the welding inspector.
- Mechanical and chemical properties of metal.
- Destructive test.
- Weld and base metal discontinuities.
- Non-Destructive testing.
- Visual Inspector as an effective quality control tool.
2.PART B: Practical.
3.PART C: AP1104- Pipelines 20th edition with 2007 errata/addenda.
Who Should Attend:
All personnel whose responsibilities are in making decision, exercising of judgement concerning welding operations in the following industries.
Oil and Gas, Manufacturing, Petrochemical, Power Generation and Power Stations, Ship Building/Ship Repair and Construction, Offshore Fabrication, Railways, Service and Maintenance and Metal Fabrication.
CIC Instructor is:
- ASME AUTHORIZED INSPECTOR.
- API AUTHORIZED INSPECTOR.
- ASNT-NDT-LEVEL III (RT, UT, VT, PT, MT)
- CERTIFIED WELDING ENGINEER
the delegate who attend the course and pass the examinationa shall be awarded a CWI certificate from the AWS.